Played in the Callaway Black tee challenge today at the Growling Frog golf course. Weather was overcast and unusually humid for Melbourne. Teed off in the comp with members Stan and Bert, and Sydney visitor Wayne. Started well with regulation par on the first, then a par on the 3rd. Poor short game cost shots on 4th and 6th but par on 7th meant I went to the turn on 18pts. Another par on 11th was followed up by more short game woes on 12,13 before a par on 16th, then bunker problems on 17 and a par on 18. Cant complain with 35 points though off my 15 handicap
* Managed to hit six bunkers off the tee on 3,4,8,9,10,17 but played well from the traps and parred 2, bogeyed 3.
* Hit eight greens in regulation on 1,3,5,7,8,11,16,18 with pars on all except for the 8th.
* The new 3 wood worked a treat, played well off the tee and the fairway. Very happy
* Fav shot was a 5 iron approach to the 18th green from a bare lie in the right rough. Smoked it just past the hole, missed the birdie putt
* Driver wasnt great but was serviceable, irons 4 through to 9 were very good.
* Biggest problem was chips and pitches around the green which caused the most problems. Very average
* Putter was OK, didnt drop any of significant length but lagged well. Only 1 3 putt.