Fantastic views from the Clubhouse at the National Golf Club
Whilst golf is predominantly about the drive from the first tee through to the final putt on the 18th green, a key part of the game is the food and drink directly after the ball finally drops into the hole. Whether you have just won the club championship or played an absolute shocker, the clubhouse, bar and restaurant offer a place of solace, a chance to review the round, to talk to mates of chances missed, of ifs and maybes, of epic birdies and wild stories.
Most golf courses will offer food and beverages targetting the hungry golfer, burgers, blts and BBQs are perfect for the post round analysis and review. Its usually not exactly fine dining, but perfect for worn out golfers. If you are after something a little more, here are a few courses in and around Melbounre that provide something more than the usual:
- Moonah Links – Pebbles Restaurant as part of the Moonah Links Peppers Resort offers modern Australian cuisine
- National Golf Club – Expansive clubhouse, Superb views over the courses and Bass strait topped off with a National Burger is a perfect end to a round on one of the Nationals three courses
- The Dunes – Links Clubhouse showcases the course, lunch includes an all day breakfast, turkish breads and great pies!
- Victoria Golf Club – Classic iconic golf clubhouse, old school wood panelling and traditional meals and snacks
- All of the other sandbelt clubs provide great lunch/dinner options in comfortable, refined private club settings
- Growling Frog – Modern clubhouse, Great views of the course and surrounding countryside, restaurant offers a la carte lunch/dinner and bar snacks
I hope to grow this list, any suggestions or recommendations on great golf food in Melbourne?